Friday, March 4, 2011

Café Coffee Time

Today is Mike's last day of work, and the day we part ways. I'm heading to Delhi for some sightseeing this evening, and he starts the long road home tomorrow. He's been good to travel with.

To commemorate our last day together as a team, we took everyone out to Mike's favourite place: Café Coffee Time. He claims they have the best coffee he's ever had (don't tell Tim Horton.)  So we all got our drinks, myself opting for an ice coffee considering the 33 degree heat. Snapped some photos of the crew. Mike bought a branded cup and saucer as a souvenir.

Then we were surprised by the presentation of gifts to us from the team. First, we both got little bronze statues - Mike got a cow-cart and I got Lord Shiv.  Then we opened up bags to find shiny kurtas, which I admit look very stylish. Kudos to smooth-talking Gajendra for prying our shirt-sizes out of me the day earlier with me being none the wiser!

We are thankful for all the gifts and all the hospitality shown to us by everyone here. I'll be back for a bit next week after my mini-holiday to the Golden Triangle region. Speaking of which, it is time for me to go catch my flight!


No comments:

Post a Comment