Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Representin'

I was challenged to badminton today. Some of you may not be aware, but India is quite accomplished in the sport, having won the championship more than once, amongst other achievements.

So I felt the need to answer the bell and show what Canadians can do. I scraped my vague memories of high-school, which was the last time I had played, for any techniques I could muster.  It looked grim. It was grimmer still as got down 4, 5, 6 points in the race for 15. But something gelled and I stopped wiffing wildly at the birdie and started smashing them back with a gusto. It wasn't long before we were tied and soon I was walking off the court the winner!

But wait! There was another employee challenging my shuttlecock-authority. So I agree to take him on, this time with the sun in my eyes. Clearly I'm affected as I'm down 4-0 early. But again I battle back to take a narrow 15-13 win! CAN-A-DA! CAN-A-DA!


You are all welcome. :)


1 comment: